Monday, October 21, 2013



Halloween is almost here! It's my daughter's favorite holiday. For the most part, I've tried to make all of her costumes. I think there are so many important lessons learned when you do it that way. That being said, I'm definitely not opposed to store bought costumes especially when different schedules won't allow for what usually turns out to be a ton of hours spent on one costume.
This year, I stumbled upon a DIY for a Medusa headdress. As soon as I saw it, I knew that Mia would love it. I also thought that it would be pretty simple to make. Turns out that it was and I didn't even have half of the supplies needed. It was such a fun project for us. Mia actually sketched the dress that she wanted me to make. I had just enough white fabric to come close to her drawing. I had to scrap a cape idea that she had but the addition of a snake strap made up for that. There is quite a difference in the DIY headdress and what we ended up with. I didn't have any wire on hand and no time to spray paint. I bought colorful dollar store snakes and used washi tape instead of wire. We think it still works. We are excited to accessorize with the rest of the snakes.  The both of us can't wait for her to wear it!  


No comments:

Post a Comment